During the past year, we have seen a lot of ups and downs in the economy and this has resulted in cut backs, reduced income for companies and organizations, and lots of stress for many. Survival seems to be the key word for many. Many are often tempted to crawl into that cave or dark place and try to wait it out. Others are seeing this as an opportunity to take a look at how they are doing business and moving forward towards the future. The question is- which one of these is you? I have a saying attached to my bulletin board that reads:
“ Your life will go in the direction of your thoughts. CHANGE YOUR THOUGHTS CHANGE YOUR LIFE”.
A lot about survival and ensuring future success is really dependent on your attitude. So here are some thoughts to help you along the way:
- Take a look at your last year and if it has not been as successful as you wanted, what changes are you going to make to your company, organization or yourself to increase your success in the coming years?
- Take a look at what is going around you and look for those opportunities that may have been in front of you all along and for reason you have not seen them.
- Get out there and increase your presence. Events, workshops, meet and greets, Chamber of Commerce luncheons, etc. are all good opportunities for networking.
- Refresh you image- website, business cards, etc. Often a new look or a refresh increases your positive attitude.
- Social media- are you out there?
- Make a plan with all of the above in mind. Print it out and put it in front of you every day. Set goals for the year with SUCCESS as the end result. This will help focus you and your company/organization.
And don’t forget to include your staff and co-workers in this refresh. A positive team has a ton of strength.